Claimed by many to be the best writing utensil in the world, Blackwing pencils are famous for the quality of graphite, iconic shape, replaceable eraser, and the men and women whose works they’ve inspired throughout the years. The Blackwing Pearl is a bit harder than the regular Blackwing, but still soft and dark: a perfect all-round pencil.
- Soft lead, ideal for writing and drawing (similar to a 3B pencil)
- Pearl white finish
- Iconic square Blackwing ferrule in gold with a white eraser
- Sleek design and satisfying to use
- Gift box also doubles as a pencil cup
- Made in Japan from renewable Californian incense-cedar
Some of the world’s most legendary Grammy, Emmy, Pulitzer and Academy Award winners have created with Blackwing pencils. The list of known users includes John Steinbeck, Stephen Sondheim, Leonard Bernstein and Chuck Jones (who proudly used Blackwings to create Bugs Bunny and countless other Looney Tunes characters). Discontinued in 1998, the Blackwing Pencil is now making a comeback.